Serving Worker’s Compensation Clients in Palm Bay – Sebastian – Vero Beach
Workers Compensation Lawyers Serving South Florida
Steps you should take if you have been injured on the job:
1. Notify your employer about your accident. It is important regardless the severity of the accident to let the know that you have been injured while working.
2. Go see a Doctor. It is important when you are injured to see a doctor right away. Often times when an individual is involved an accident, pain wont be present until 2 or 3 days after the accident. Speak with your employer about which doctor you should see.
3. Tell your doctor about the injury. Tell your doctor what type of pain you are feeling, your current symptoms, and that you were injured while working. The doctor will then record all this information down and will keep a medical history of the information. He will give you instructions about what your next step should do, be sure to listen to your doctor.
4. Report your injury in writing. After being injured on the job, report your injury to your employer in writing. Make sure you do this within 30 days of the accident.
5. Consult a worker’s compensation attorney. There are certain law firms who handle worker’s compensation claims for people. An experienced worker’s compensation attorney understands how to negotiate your claim for the highest amount possible. Furthermore, in a stressful situation, it is best to have someone experienced handling this highly complexed information for you.
Did you know you can be compensated for being injured on the job?
Worker’s compensation is an insurance that provides certain types of benefits to employees when they have been injured on the job. According to the Bureau of Labor, the Sebastian-Vero Beach Florida Metropolitan area employed over 60,000 people in 2017. The Florida Department of Financial services has stated that the Indian River County area had over 420 workers compensation cases in 2016.
Under what circumstances can you receive benefits?
In order to receive the benefits from a work related injury claim, your employer must carry the insurance that provides the business worker’s compensation insurance. It is important to find out whether the business you work for has this insurance so if it is even possible to consider a claim.
What type of coverage do you receive for your work related injury under a worker’s compensation claim?
Worker’s Compensation provides medical benefits, lost wages, and even job retraining if you lost your job. There are certain limitations for the medical benefits you can receive. For example, in certain states, a worker’s compensation policy may limit the amount of medical providers you can see in a certain year. Another limitation is which doctor you are able to see. In Vero Beach Florida, there are around 10 worker’s compensation doctors that accept this insurance for your visit. Additionally, if you are unable to work as a result of an injury on the job, then worker’s compensation will reimburse you for the lost wages for that time.
Contact Lulich Attorneys and Consultants for your worker’s compensation claim today! Our firm has handled these types of claims for over 30 years. Our law firm’s experience in Palm Bay, Sebastian, and Vero Beach Florida is no secret. We have a reputation of putting our client’s first and delivering the highest settlement possible. We put your needs first. Contact us today.