Serving Palm Bay – Sebastian – Vero Beach
Traumatic Brain Injury Accident Attorneys
Helping Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
The center for disease control and prevention defines a traumatic brain injury (TBI) “ by a blow or jolt to the head or a penetrating head injury that disrupts the normal function of the brain. The severity of traumatic brain injuries can range from mild to severe.”
In Florida in 2012, there were 3,798 deaths from brain injuries in Florida and in 2011, The Florida Health reports that there are between 135 and 376 brain injuries in Indian River County. This type of Injury is very severe and you should know how TBI accidents are caused and the steps you can take to avoid them.
Types of Brain Injury Accidents
- Concussions are one of the most common types of traumatic brain injuries. These type of injuries tend to be minor.
- Contusions are when the brain tissue is damaged.
- Anoxia happens when oxygen is not able to reach the brain.
Symptoms of Brain Injury Accidents
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Spinning Sensation
- Sensitivity to light
- Disrupted sleep patterns
Steps to Take After a Brain Injury Accident
- Seek Medical Attention Immediately
- Consult an Experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Accident Lawyer.
For more information about brain injuries, read our blog post here.
If you have had or believe you are suffering a Brain Injury Accident, consult with one of our Brain Injury Accident Lawyers. We can help you be protected and know your rights!
Call us today (772) 589-5500
Melbourne Brain Injury Lawyer – Palm Bay Brain Injury Attorney – Vero Beach Brain Injury Lawyer