Serving Palm Bay – Sebastian – Vero Beach
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims in Motorcycle Accidents in Palm Bay, Sebastian, and Vero Beach
According to the Department of Transportation, in 2012 there were 4,957 motorcyclists killed, which was a 7% increase from 2011. Motorcycle fatalities are extremely common for bikers in Florida whether it is due to Bike Week in Daytona or because of the tropical, world-renowned weather. Florida Motorcycle Rider Fatalities ranked the highest in the nation with 455 accidents, being 10% of the total reported accidents from the department of transportation. 27 of those drivers had a reported BAC of .08+ and 36 of those drivers. Please be cautious in March, April, and May because this is when a good percentage of the accidents occur!
Top Causes of a Motorcycle Accident
- Left Turn Accidents: is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. Vehicles going straight will in most circumstances have the right of way. It is up to the individual making the left turn to use caution when making this left turn to avoid any accidents.
- Speeding: speeding not only puts a motorcyclist at risk, but also puts others in a compromised situation. It is difficult for drivers to ascertain the speed that a motorcycle travels. Therefore
- Intoxication: intoxicated drivers operate motorcycles with an impaired judgment. They are not as quickly to make traffic stops as they would normally without alcohol.
- Sudden Stops: are a major cause of motorcycle accidents. These sudden stops by motorcyclists are dangerous since regular vehicles are not able to stop as fast as a motorcycle. Make sure to keep your room when driving on the road and not to tailgate to closely to the vehicle in front of you.
Steps to take Immediately After
- Assess for Injuries
- Call the Police
- Stay at the Scene
- Complete a Police Report and Exchange Information
- Take Photos
- Contact your Insurance Company
- See a Medical Professional
Consequences an Accident
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Motorcycle Accident, you are well aware of the life changing consequences of such a grave accident. Unfortunately due to the nature of the accident, motorcyclists are left with severe personal injuries or death when occurring an accident. Large medical bills and life altering physical conditions don’t even begin to describe the experience.
Consult a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The Indian River County motorcycle accident lawyers at the offices of Lulich Attorneys and Consultants have a 30-year reputation of representing protecting the interests of motorcycle accident victims. Our aggressive team of attorneys knows how to fight the insurance companies and to get the compensation that a motorcyclist victim is entitled to! We are ready to advise you or your family!
CALL US TODAY AT (772) 589-5500
Melbourne Motorcycle Accident Attorney – Palm Bay Motorcycle Accident Lawyer – Vero Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer